Monday, September 14, 2009

Deadlines, and more deadlines


One of my deadlines was for the Decorative Painter for the first issue of next year. I originally designed this necklace for myself, but my friend Jan Dreilling (from Kansas) literally begged me for it. Of course, I gave it to her. She wore it to the Society of Decorative Painters Banquet at Peoria, Il. and the editors of the Decorative Painter saw it and wanted it for the magazine. To make a long story longer, I had to do another one, since I could not ask for hers back. I never like to do anything twice. This hardest part of this was the beading.....no patience. This is colored pencil on a rusted tin heart. Now all I have to do is write the instructions.....boring!

1 comment:

  1. I love your art...and I'm wanting to know where I can find your pattern packets....I'm particularly interested in the lady's and their hats. Please help thanks.

    ReplyDelete